Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

My contribution to the byClaire Winter CAL: the HAT!

*English below*
Hoi, leuk dat je mijn blog komt bekijken!

Er zijn zoveel leuke dingen die ik met jullie wil delen, maar het ontbreekt me vaak aan tijd. Dat komt mede doordat ik in het Nederlands èn Engels wil schrijven.
Op Instagram ben ik al overgestapt op alleen schrijven in het Engels, en dat lijkt jullie niet veel uit te maken. Nederlandstaligen spreken het nou eenmaal ontzettend goed! 
En al spreek ik het niet perfect, om die reden wordt mijn blog ook alleen Engels.
Nu kan iets natuurlijk altijd onduidelijk zijn, vooral omdat ik misschien wel aardig Engels spreek, maar het niet ben, dus aarzel dan alsjeblieft niet om het te vragen/zeggen! 

Hi!

Maybe you have seen it passing by on Instagram: the Winter Crochet Along from byClaire & Friends?

I believe it was somewhere in July, when Claire asked me if I wanted to design an item for a byClaire CAL. 
I thougth it was a wonderful idea: 
Karlien from @karlienpleizier, Jorina from @crochetrainbowtales and me would design a complete set, one item each, for a Winter Crochet Along.
And although the scarf, gloves and hat are all completely different, if you use matching colours, they look perfect together!

So yep, it was about 30 degrees Celsius, and we were working on a winter project.
I still had some byClaire Softmix (since my yarn stash is quite extensive, I really could start a yarn shop, oh my poor husband hahaha), and this was the first combination I made.

From top to bottom: 023 Seagreen, 002 Ivory, 032 Lime and 026 Jade:

Then I thought, I like this, but I need some Sparkle! If there is one time a year for glitter it must be winter right?
So before this one was even finished I started making another hat, the one with 035 Salmon, 037 Orange, 009 Red, and 008 Bright Pink, and for glitter some 006 Candy Crush Coral. I've never played the game Candy Crush, but I do love that name!

The hat I made for the CAL is quite the opposite colourwise. 
For that one I used Softmix 018 Denim, 026 Jade, 016 Sky, 030 Grass Green, and Sparkle 008 Summertime Green:


Once I'm in the flow of making things I cannot stop. While working on the blue and green hat I started wondering what it would look like when I would crochet 2 rows of the same colour.
I don't know how it works for you guys, but sometimes it's like a puzzle falling into place by itself, and when I looked into my yarn basket I saw this combo. 
It might be a bit unusual, but I have a red coat, and I just thought it would be a good match for it.
It only took another day before I came up with this one:
I like how it looks really different from the others, but still a bit the same. 
The colours I used for the multi-coloured hat are 004 Light Pink, 007 Fuchsia, 009 Red, 011 Lila, 023 Sea Green, 026 Jade, 033 Yellow, 035 Salmon Pink and 037 Orange.

You could also make the hat in one colour, or 2, and then of course with or without a pompon, in a matching colour or completely different. There are so many possibilities!
I've made a compilation of the different sets made by Claire so far. As you can see, it doesn't really matter, it all looks good together!

Another adjustment you could make is to line it for really cold days.

Do you see that yellow fleece lining? I can't remember where it came from, it might have been the inside of a sweater. 
As you might know already I'm not only a yarn hoarder, I'll keep anything that might come in handy some day. 
And see! It's for a good reason (again, my poor husband haha)!

I made a tutorial on how to line your hat in case you don't know how to do that. It's really easy!

So, are you going to crochet along? And which combination do you like best?
Or maybe you need more inspiration? If so, I'm in the middle of writing another post chock-a-block full of colour combos. 
I'll try to finish it asap, but at least before the 8th of November, when the CAL starts. Update: it's finished!

If you tag me on Instagram, I'll show your creations in my Stories!

Have fun, x Maartje


P.s. If you happen to pass by on the Kreadoe 2019 in Utrecht (coming Wednesday till Sunday), you can purchase the yarn for the different sets so you can start immediately on the 8th of November when the CAL starts, or you can buy 1 of the three colour sets or a basic colour set online. The set includes a free leather label.

Reacties

  1. Hi Maartje! So nice to read this pist☺️I remember when you were working on this hat, so in love with the colours, especially with the sparkling one!
    Chiara @hookychia xxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Chiara, thank you! So cool that you remembered! That Sparkle is beautiful isn't it, I think I'll use it in a scarf too...
      X Maartje

      Verwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog

Crocheted Tartan Plant Pot Cover - Gehaakte Geruite Plantenpothoes

A couple of years ago I made this tutorial for byClaire & Friends.  It seemed the link didn't work anymore, and I wanted to translate it into English anyway, so here is the revised version. I hope you like it! If you would like the Dutch version, you can find it here: https://byclaire.eu/byclaire-friends-2 . This tutorial is for a pot with a diameter of 23 cm and hight 21 cm, but you can adjust it to a different size. If you want to make a swatch: crochet 1 square with 2 stripes on one side and at the top. Now you can measure how many you need for your pot, and maybe use a different size hook if you want smaller or bigger squares, or when you're using a different size yarn. For some more tips, please scroll down to the remarks underneath the pattern. What do you need: I used hook size 6 (and size 3 for hiding the ends), 2 balls of byClaire Softmix for the main colour, 1 ball of Softmix as the secondary colour and 1 ball of byClaire Sparkle. Used stitches: ch = chain slst =

Hoe mijn gehaakte deken 2 dekens werd... - How my crocheted blanket ended up as 2 blankets...

Ik was heerlijk gedachtenloos aan het haken aan mijn #netflixdeken (haken terwijl je netflixt en als 'ie af is een deken om onder weg te kruipen als je aan het kijken bent).  Alleen maar stokjes, dus echt opletten hoeft niet als je een beetje geoefend bent. Such a great idea don't you think, a #netflixblanket (crocheting while netflixing, and when it's finished you can crawl under it while watching)!  Mindless crocheting, because it's only double crochets (U.S.), so no need to pay a lot of attention if you are a bit experienced. Af en toe even spelen... Some play time... Het was zo verslavend dat ik niet alleen voor de tv haakte, maar ook in de tuin. En in de trein, zelfs toen de deken wat groter werd. Als je wilt weten wat voor superhandige truc ik daarvoor bedacht had (vind ik zelf natuurlijk haha): Hoe haak je onderweg verder aan een grote streepjesdeken? It was so addictive that I didn't just crochet in front of the tv, but also in t

Noppensteek zonder doorschijn - Bobble Stitch with no visible contrasting colours

 Hoi allemaal, ik heb denk ik weer een leuke tutorial voor jullie. Als je de noppensteek haakt, neem je voor het gemak de draad mee in de tussenliggende steken. Het is wat meer werk om het op mijn manier te doen, maar het voordeel is dat je geen doorschijnende kleuren ziet op een lichte ondergrond (zie de foto hieronder), maar vooral dat je allerlei verschillende kleuren noppen kunt maken! Hi everyone, I think I've got another nice tutorial for you. When you crochet the bobble stitch, normally you would take along the contrasting colour while crocheting. The way I do it is a bit more work, but the advantage is that you don't see any colours shining through on a light underground (like the picture below), but especially that you can make all dots in a different colour!  Dus hoe doe ik dat? Ik hecht de nieuwe kleur aan met minimaal 5 cm draadeind, haak de noppensteek (welke dan ook, met stokjes, dubbele stokjes etc., of wat ik voor mijn Polkadot